Highland Ukulele Gathering 2018
Highland Ukulele Gathering 2018
14 – 16 September
Find more ukulele festivals and events near you with the Yo! Kulele Festival and Events Calendar 2018
Give yourself a HUG and head up to Pitlochry this September!
Highland Ukulele Gathering
Featuring coaching by
The fabulous Samantha Muir
And the resident team– Edis, Susan and Nigel
Classes and Workshops
• The Blue Uke – playing blues songs on the uke
• The Uke in Pub Sessions –how to survive in a folk session
• Traditional Tunes on the Uke
• A big folk session
• Bass Uke for Beginners
• Singing for uke players
• Beginners finger picking and TAB
• Intermediate finger picking
• Advanced fingerpicking
• Classical uke playing
• The Big Stramash – we all get together and play and sing our favourite songs
• Orchestral Workshops – different parts at different levels for each player so we can
all play together
• Improve your strumming
Play Learn Relax Explore
To help make HUG accessible to players of all levels of experience and ability we are coding the workshops in four bands – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and “Available to All”. If for example, if you are a beginner you are welcome to attend intermediate and advanced classes but be prepared to perhaps take more of an observer role and use it as a chance to learn what’s available in the uke world. Similarly, if you are an intermediate or advanced player you are welcome to attend any session but perhaps think of it more as fun revision and relaxation.
• Sam Muir in Concert – Classical ukulele playing by this virtuoso
• Cera Impala – Showcasing her unique and inspirational style of playing
HUG Festival Pass
• All tuition from the extensive timetable (we recommend that you give yourself time to
explore the local area and to relax in between sessions –don’t exhaust yourself)
• All concerts
• All teas and coffees
• All lunches
• Help by our resident guitar Technician Nigel Ewen
All this for £199
• Dinner with staff and other course participants £25 per night (this is not included in the
course fee to provide you the freedom to explore the area and its plentiful good eateries)
• Use of the Spa (swimming pool, sauna, gym) for £6 per day
If you chose to be residential we believe you will get more from the festival.
Scotlands Hotel is offering a special room rate to participants of £68 pppn Dinner, bed and breakfast (VAT not included).
As a resident participant please book your HUG Festival Pass with us and your accommodation direct with Scotlands Hotel. That way you will receive all the benefits of the non-residents package but you will also get breakfast, dinner and use of the spa are included in the room rate.
Please book your accommodation directly with Scotlands Hotel. (No need to worry – if you book a room will we guarantee you a place on the festival). When booking just say you will be on HUG to get this special rate.
To book your place on the course or for an informal chat please contact Edis at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07715 549 398.
We require a deposit of £39 prior to 30 April, 2018 to secure your place on HUG 2018. The balance to be paid by 30 July, 2018.
Keep up to date with all HUG news and developments at www.facebook.com/PerthUkeFest